Affirmative Catastrophe Adjusters key role as a desk claim examiner is to review filings, as well as findings of other claim professionals. ACA’s desk claim examiner role entails settling cases or referring them for further investigation. After an adjuster submits a claim, one of our experienced desk claim examiners looks at the documentation to make sure that the claimants and adjusters followed company guidelines. Examiners are called on particularly in complex or large cases that involve potential major financial payouts for insurers. Our claim examiners focus on questionable claims to determine whether payment is warranted. ACA wants to ensure insurance companies keep enough money to pay out claims, examiners study and adjust or make recommendations on cash reserves.
- Receives claim assignment, confirm policy coverage and directs acknowledge of claims
- Possesses an understanding of property insurance claims as well as negotiation skills
- Ability to respond to correspondence and time sensitive material in a timely manner
- Effectively manage loss adjustment expense
- Effectively interact with external business partner and exercise independent judgment
- Familiarity with ISO Reporting
- Examines claims investigated by insurance adjusters, further investigating questionable claims to determine whether to authorize payments.
- Confer with legal counsel on claims requiring litigation or arbitration